April 4-5, 2020
10:00am – 5:00pm
Kids, 12 & under are FREE
Cash only. Tickets only available for purchase at the festival. ATMs are available at Entrance 1, 2 and 3.
Both days of the Festival are filled with music, dancing, food, lectures, demonstration, vendors and activities for young and old alike. The Viking Encampment and Sami Village will once again be present. Some examples of family activities:
- Head wreaths: Make a head wreath with real flowers and ribbon! Good for all ages.
- Maypole: We will raise the Maypole and dance around it while singing traditional songs.
- Kubb: Come learn the ancient game of the Vikings. It’s a bit like horseshoes, but without horseshoes or the stake. Join us for our inaugural Kubb Tournament on Saturday, April 6 at 1pm. Sign up at email@example.com.
- Croquet: Try your hand at hitting the balls through our Dala Horse hoops.
- Festival Stage: Music, singing and dancing will change hourly. On Saturday at 12:15 PM the Festival will open with a colorful parade of flags, along with dignitaries from the Scandinavian countries. Many will be in Old World costumes. Please click on the Entertainment Tab for a list of all scheduled entertainment.
- Food Court: In the food court, you will find a variety of Scandinavian foods such as Swedish Meatballs, Aebleskivers, Swedish Pancakes, Lefse, Danish Pastries, and more.
- Craft and Food Demonstrations: Ever wondered how to make Krumkake or tried making bobbin lace? Demonstrations will take place on both days.
- Children’s Country Crafts: Visit each country, get a sticker on your passport and earn a prize for collecting all of them!
- Norwegian Elkhounds
- Rune Reader
- Genealogy: experts from the Conejo Valley and Ventura County genealogical societies will share their knowledge and resources.
It is California Lutheran University‘s policy to only allow service and therapy animals on campus.
This event is produced by the Scandinavian American Cultural and Historical Foundation with support from California Lutheran University. For more information about the Scandinavian Festival, please e-mail Mindy Miller firstname.lastname@example.org.